What is a BarCamp?
Beaver BarCamp is an informal conference where everyone is encouraged to participate and the sessions are not predetermined. It provides a collaborative environment that promotes the sharing of ideas and projects and is a fun, casual event filled with discussions, demos and interaction with attendees. One of the best aspects of BarCamp is that attendees both provide the sessions and choose the schedule, allowing for greater flexibility and freedom.
What kind of sessions happen at Beaver BarCamp?
All kinds--from the recreational to the technical. While many are tech oriented, we encourage any DIY, educational or interactive session.
Who typically attends?
We invite everyone and anyone in the community and at OSU to enjoy Beaver Barcamp. At BarCamp there are no spectators, only participants. Attendees are encouraged to demo new ideas, hold a group discussion on a specific topic, explain a unique hobby or just about anything else. Sometimes sessions even spawn other sessions randomly.
- Take exit 228 for OR-34 towards Lebanon/Corvallis.
- At the end of the off-ramp, turn right onto OR-34 W/Corvallis-Lebanon Hwy 210.
- Take exit 228 for OR-34 toward Lebanon/Corvallis.
- At the end of the off-ramp, turn left onto OR-34 W/Corvallis-Lebanon Hwy 210.
- Drive for 9.6 miles, then turn left onto OR-34 Bypass W/Corvallis-Newport Hwy.
- Drive for 1.3 miles, then turn right onto SW 15th st.
- Turn left onto SW Washington Way
- Turn right onto SW 26th.
- Turn right onto SW Campus Way.
Arrive at Kelley Engineering Center! Hope you enjoy your visit.
Parking may be a little bit tricky this year, as the parking lot just north of Kelley is closed, and there is a footbal scrimmage on the same day as Barcamp. We recommend you park in the highlighted parking lots close to Kelley on the map below! Parking is free everywhere, so if you find a space go ahead and take it.