What is a BarCamp?
Beaver BarCamp is an informal conference where everyone is encouraged to participate and the sessions are not predetermined. It provides a collaborative environment that promotes the sharing of ideas and projects and is a fun, casual event filled with discussions, demos and interaction with attendees. One of the best aspects of BarCamp is that attendees both provide the sessions and choose the schedule, allowing for greater flexibility and freedom.
What kind of sessions happen at Beaver BarCamp?
All kinds--from the recreational to the technical. While many are tech oriented, we encourage any DIY, educational or interactive session.
Who typically attends?
We invite everyone and anyone in the community and at OSU to enjoy Beaver Barcamp. At BarCamp there are no spectators, only participants. Attendees are encouraged to demo new ideas, hold a group discussion on a specific topic, explain a unique hobby or just about anything else. Sometimes sessions even spawn other sessions randomly.
Beaver BarCamp takes place at Kelley Engineering Center on the Corvallis campus at Oregon State University. Please note, Google maps does not show Johnson Hall just northwest of Kelley. The parking lot displayed is smaller as a result.
- Take exit 228 for OR-34 towards Lebanon/Corvallis
- At the end of the off-ramp, turn right onto OR-34 W/Corvallis-Lebanon Hwy 210
- Take exit 228 for OR-34 toward Lebanon/Corvallis
- At the end of the off-ramp, turn left onto OR-34 W/Corvallis-Lebanon Hwy 210
- Drive for 9.6 miles, then turn left onto OR-34 Bypass W/Corvallis-Newport Hwy
- Drive for 1.3 miles, then turn right onto SW 15th St
- Turn left onto SW Washington Way
- Turn right onto SW 26th
- Turn right onto SW Campus Way
- Turn right onto NW Harrison Blvd
- Turn left on NW 25th St
- Continue straight onto SW Park Terrace Pl
- Turn left onto SW Western Blvd
- Turn right onto SW 15th St
- Turn left onto NW Monroe Ave
- Turn left onto SW Park Terrace Pl
Arrive at Kelley Engineering Center! Enjoy your visit!
Oregon State provides many parking lots, all of which are free to use on the weekend. The image below provides a map of the lots closest to Kelley Engineering Center. OSU also hosts many other events on campus so we recommend visiting the university calendar to check for possible conflicts.